Skills-Based Volunteerism Training Academy
While the impact of SBV is well-known, many nonprofits still encounter significant challenges in effectively engaging skills-based volunteers. That's why ServeOhio is partnering with Common Impact, a national leader in skills-based volunteer engagement, to offer the Skills-Based Volunteering Training Academy (Training Academy). The goal of the Training Academy is to equip Ohio nonprofits with the skills, tools, and resources needed to lead impactful SBV projects that make a lasting organizational impact. Up to 12 nonprofits will be accepted into the 2020 Training Academy Cohort.
What does the SBV Training Academy entail?
Participating organizations will receive best-in-class training and support from skills-based volunteering experts, including:
- 2-day boot camp style training in Columbus in March 26-27, 2020.
- Custom support in project identification and scoping from Common Impact consultants in preparation for SBV Boot Camp. (estimated 2-4 hours of individual support as needed)
- Peer-to-peer networking and learning opportunities with other 2020 training cohort participants
- Webinars hosted by Serve Ohio and Common Impact
- Ongoing project implementation support from SBV consultants to help your nonprofit in planning and implementing at least one skills-based volunteering project for up to 12 months following the boot camp
There is no monetary cost to participate in the Training Academy - just staff time (estimated at 6-8 hours per month) to develop and implement one SBV project within 12 months.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to view the recording of the technical assistance webinar held on December 18th. To view the recording, click here.
||Technical assistance webinar
||Applications due via email
||Notification of acceptance into program
|Month of February
||2-4 hours of consultation support with each nonprofit in cohort
|April 2020- February 2021
||Ongoing support via coaching calls and cohorty webinars
||Program officially ends
Questions? Contact Rebeccah Verhoff-Kiss at email@example.com or 614-995-5269.