MLK Day of Service 2022
ServeOhio will fund 9 projects for MLK Day 2022. These projects will occur in 7 cities and involve nearly 300 volunteers.
- Community Food Initiatives, Athens – Volunteers will install ADA-approved raised garden beds at several community gardens to make them more accessible.
- Elder Tree Forest School, Dayton – Volunteers will remove invasive plant species and add compost and woodchips throughout a trail. Volunteers will also add an information board to share information with the community regarding the trail and other ecological projects or events.
- Focus Learning Academy of Northern Columbus, Columbus – Students will work together to compile community resources and pass out food in partnership with INPREM, a local subsidiary of the Mid-Ohio Food Collective.
- Franklinton Farms, Columbus – Volunteer crew will build raised beds, improve irrigation, mulch growing sites, and pass out home-growing kits to community gardens and neighbors across Columbus.
- Geary Family YMCA, Fostoria – Student and adult volunteers will paint the gymnasium in preparation for new wall pads.
- OneEighty, Wooster – Volunteers will put together self-care bags for residents or the emergency shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Rebuilding Together Dayton, Dayton – Volunteers will put together Fix-It-Kits consisting of smoke and CO2 detectors, first aid kits, fire extinguishers, cleaning supplies, and exterior security lights to help homeowners age in place in a safe and healthy home.
- Ursuline College, Pepper Pike – Students will engage with residents at local nursing homes through writing cards and delivering gift bags with wellness activities.
- Wyandot County Public Health, Upper Sandusky – Volunteers will add a shed and picnic table to the community garden.